Korg Opsix Altered FM Synthesizer
Korg Opsix Altered FM Synthesizer Overview
A new take on an old favourite. Meet the Korg Opsix Altered FM Synthesizer. It's time to forget everything you thought you knew about FM synthesis thanks to this versatile synth. Whether you're a seasoned pro or a budding hobbyist, the Opsix is designed to cater for all, providing you with an innovative approach that reflects the golden age of digital synthesis.
Thanks to the wide range of controls and connectivity offered you'll be able to take on any task that comes your way. Add a new lease of life and excitement to your productions and performances by utilising the on-board 16-step sequencer. The Opsix comes complete with 30 studio grade effects. This opens up the door to a whole new world, full of creativity possibilities. You'll find it hard not to be inspired by the wide range of sounds that the Opsix is capable of producing.
The Opsix's intuitive interface ensures that the best part of your time is spent exploring the possibilities of what can be achieved with this powerful synthesizer instead of worrying about where to start with programming. Its compact, easy-to-transport design guarantees it's just as comfortable on-stage as it is in the studio. If you desire a synthesizer that will consistently deliver high quality results then you're in the right place.
- Provides true six-operator FM synthesis, and more
- FM exploration is easier than ever before
- Data entry rotary encoders ensure unparalleled editing possibilities
- Features five operator modes that expand FM synthesis
- Provides 40 preset algorithms and user algorithms
- Comes complete with three EGs, three LFOs and 12 virtual patches offer an extensive range of modulation
- Boasts eleven powerful filters, including MS-20 and Polysix
- Use up to three simultaneous high-definition effects at any time
- Visually-satisfying editing possibilities with a spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope
- Add life and movement to any sound with the powerful 16-step polyphonic sequencer
- Embrace the weird and wonderful with Randomize
- Includes 37 premium keys
- Keyboard: 37 keys (velocity and release-velocity sensitive)
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 voices (or a max. of 24 voices, depending on the settings)
- Sound generating system: Altered FM sound generator
- Structure: 6 operators, 1 filter, 3 EGs, 3 LFOs, 3 effects, step sequencer, arpeggiator
- Algorithm: 40 presets + user algorithm (unique to each program)
- Operator: 5 modes (FM, Ring Mod., Filter, Filter FM, Wave Folder)
- Oscillator waveform: 21 waveforms (Sine, Sine 12bit, Sine 8bit, Triangle, Saw, Saw HD, Square, Square HD, Additive Saw3, Additive Sqr3, Additive Tri3, Additive 12345, Additive 1+2, Additive 1+3, Additive 1+4, Additive 1+5, Additive 1+6, Additive 1+7, Additive 1+8, Noise S/H, Noise White)
- Filter: 11 types (LPF 12, LPF 24, LPF MS-20, LPF POLY6, HPF 12, HPF 24, HPF MS-20, BPF 6, BPF 12, BRF 6, BRF 12)
- EG: ADSR
- LFO: 23 waveforms (Triangle, Saw Down, Saw Up, Square, Sine, Sample&Hold, Guitar, Exp. Triangle, Exp. Saw Down, Exp. Saw Up, Step4 Triangle, Step6 Triangle, Step4 Saw Down, Step6 Saw Down, StepRnd:Time, StepRnd:Lvl&Time, StepRnd:Level, Random:Time, Random:Lvl&Time, Triangle + , Saw Down + , Saw Up + , Square +)
- V.Patch: 12 routings
- Effect: 30 types (Chorus, Unison Ensemble, Phaser, Phaser (BPM) , Auto Pan, Auto Pan (BPM), Flanger, Flanger (BPM) , Rotary Speaker, Auto Wah, Exciter, Enhancer, LFO Filter, 3-Band EQ, Distortion, Guitar Amp, Decimator, Grain Shifter, Master Limiter, Compressor, Delay, Delay (BPM) , Autopan Dly, Autopan Dly (BPM), Tape Echo, Tape Echo (BPM) , Early Reflection, Reverb, Shimmer Reverb, Spring Reverb)
- Number of programs: 500 (250 preset programs and 250 user programs as the factory-set de
- Favourites: 64 (16 Slots × 4 Banks)
- Controllers: MODULATION wheel, PITCH wheel, RATIO OP 1–6 knobs, LEVEL OP 1–6 sliders, DATA ENTRY A–F knobs
- Inputs/outputs: Headphone (6.3 mm stereo phone jack), OUTPUT L/MONO and R (impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks), DAMPER (6.3 mm phone jack, half-damper not supported), MIDI IN and OUT connectors, USB B port
- Power supply: AC adapter (DC12V)
- Power consumption: 5 W Dimensions (W × D × H): 565 × 338 × 90 mm / 22.24" × 13.31" × 3.54"
- Weight: 2.9 kg / 6.93 lbs.
- Product Code: KORG-OPSIX