Korg EK-50 Entertainer Keyboard (RRP £410) To Order
Korg EK-50 Entertainer Keyboard (RRP £399)
The perfect keyboard for learning to play. The Korg EK-50 Entertainer Keyboard is a portable 61-note keyboard designed to help you learn and play.
The Korg EK-50 is perfect for beginners and professional players alike, catering to any skillset. The EK-50 includes an accompaniment function called 'Styles', allowing you to play along with the touch of a single note. The EK-50 Entertainer Keyboard includes more than 702 ultra-realistic sounds ranging from pianos and violins to brass and percussion. The built-in speakers allow you to setup and play anywhere you go, making it ideal for teaching, playing and busking. You can also expand your Styles from the online Korg library.
Automatic Accompaniment With "Styles"
The thing that sets the Korg EK-50 Entertainer Keyboard apart from conventional keyboards is the ‘Styles’ functionality. Sometimes our skillset doesn’t match our creative inspiration. The EK-50 combats this with its unique styles technology, providing automatic accompaniment, acting as a virtual backing band as you play.
The ‘Styles’ functionality allows you to create a rich accompaniment whilst playing with just one finger on your left hand. You can also trigger the accompaniment by playing chords. The accompaniment changes depending on the key or chord you play. It gives you the ability to improvise melodies and songs with ease.
The onboard Styles library spans over 280 musical genres. Each Style has four variations spanning from complex to simple. It also includes intro and endings for your sound which you can trigger at any time.
More Than 702 Ultra-Realistic Sounds
The EK-50 Entertainer Keyboard features more than 702 realistic sounds. The sounds include pianos, violin, brass instruments and drums. The ultra-realistic sounds are created using Korg’s unique audio technology to achieve rich tonality and sonic accuracy.
The ‘Split’ function allows you to divide the keyboard into two parts and play different sound simultaneously. This is ideal for creating unique combinations of sounds.
Play Along To Your Favourite Song
Another unique feature on the EK-50 allows you to play along to your favourite songs. Song mode gives you the ability to playback MP3 or WAV audio data and even SMF (Standard MIDI File) data. You can also record your performances and play them back. The song mode also allows you to play internal demo songs.
61-Note Keyboard and Integrated Speakers
The EK-50 features built-in speakers, allowing you to get setup and play wherever you are. The powerful 10W x 10W stereo speakers are perfect for the musician on the move. They provide high-quality audio, allowing you to get started right out of the box.
The 61-note keybed features full-sized keys, providing fluid playability. The keybed is ideal for both beginner keyboard players and skilled piano players making the transition to the digital world. The rear of the keyboard includes an input jack which allows you to connect an external device such as a smartphone or MP3 player. The keyboard can be powered via the Ac adapter which comes included or with a pair of AA batteries, making it ideal for buskers.
The ergonomic layout makes it easy to change settings and parameters. The middle of the keyboard features a bright, crisp display. It provides all the information you need for selecting sound and style names. The large font size provides optimal visibility allowing you to find sounds and settings at a glance. Switches are illuminated by LEDs which allows you to visualise the setting of each function. It also includes a Grand Piano button which brings you back to the default setting. It also includes a USB port for connecting the keyboard to your computer for use with music software.
- 61-note compact keyboard, ideal for beginners and learners
- Styles functionality produces a rich accompaniment by triggering a note or a chord
- Includes over 702 realistic sounds spanning from pianos and violins to saxophones and drums
- Highly intuitive layout for ergonomic workflow
- Integrated 10x10W speakers for great sound anywhere
- Play back your favourite songs on the instrument whilst performing
- 64 ‘music styles’ in total, providing presets for sound and tempo
- Play music from external devices using the external input jack on the rear of the instrument
- Add to your Styles from Korg’s extensive library
- Keyboard: 61 keys (velocity sensitive) with three settings for touch control
- Sound Generator: Stereo PCM sound generator
- Maximum Polyphony: 64 voices
- Sounds: Over 702 sounds, 41 drum kits (including GM compatible sound sets)
- Keyboard Sets: more than 170 sets
- Effects: 34 types (148 variations)
- Styles: More than 280 presets
- Music Styles: 64 styles
- Demo Songs: 18 songs
- Audio Player: MP3, WAV (44.1 kHz)
- Scales: 11 types
- Metronome: Tempo, beat, volume
- Tempo: 30 – 240
- Key Transpose: C (-12) to C (0) to C (+12)
- Tuning: 427.5–452.9 Hz
- Foot Controller Jack: 6.3 mm (1/4") phone jack
- Audio Input Jack: 3.5 (1/8") mm stereo mini-phone jack
- Output L/ Mono, R jacks: 6.3 mm (1/4") phone jack (unbalanced)
- Headphones Jack: 3.5 mm (1/8") stereo mini-phone jack
- USB A Port: TO DEVICE port for connecting USB flash memory and controllers
- USB B Port: TO HOST port for connecting personal computers
- MIDI: USB MIDI
- Display: Custom LCD with backlighting
- Power Supply: AC adapter (included) or AA batteries (alkaline dry cells or nickel-metal hydride batteries) × 8 (sold separately)
- Battery Life: When using alkaline dry cells: approx. 5 hours
- Power Consumption: 8 W (0.1 W on standby)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 994 mm × 392 mm × 132 mm/39.13" × 15.43" × 5.20" (not including sheet music stand)
- Weight: 7.5 kg/16.53 lbs. (not including sheet music stand or batteries)
- Included Items: AC adapter, sheet music stand
Pocklington Music is East Yorkshires Premier music store
Nominated for Family Business of the Year 2017
Shortlisted for Music Industries Association best small retailer 2015